Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Business Sidekick; an Android™ Smartphone

My Business Sidekick; a Smartphone

Smartphone for Personal and Business use




This is my LG Optimus Black (P970) Android™ smartphone. What did you say? its just a luxurious product I want to brag about and I don't need it? Not really, this smartphone is one of the things that I need for my everyday living and business of course.

My Smartphone host a 4 inch display, its big enough for ease of use but not too big when you hold it on your hands, bulky in the pocket or if you put it in your face during calls. Its one of the lightest and slimmest smartphones at least during its time. Along with all the good features of what an Android™ smartphone you expect.. Well except the LED notification, that blinking thing when you got a message, but that's not a problem since I am able to install an app that makes the buttons bellow acts like a LED notification.

Its not those low-end affordable Android™ smartphones that gives in quality hardware and lacks features that you can buy everywhere and not the other also, the expensive one, the fruit with a bite on it. Its a mid range Android™ smartphone, gives you nice performance and style and can Do The Job.

Specs is not something to brag about, but its enough for the task, dual-core phones are now affordable, my phone is already old which is more than a year, but its still working good, and plan to upgrade it later on if it broke or something, just don't give me a reason to replace it like a hairline scratch in the middle is annoying or the lock button became stiff "now I need to buy a new one" excuse.

Like investing in Stocks, you must know at least the overview of what you are buying, you don't just buy because it looks good or its popular, so by choosing also an opensource operating system like Android™, I'm sure I wont be vendor locked and make my usability simple, like when I plug it on a computer, it just works, It does not require me to download some software suite and stuff to transfer files or some sort, and the video format of my videos can easily be played and edited with default player or generic players like those in TV, instead of asking you to get a specialized codec online for you to convert it and be playable with other home devices which is a headache.

Its really useful... back in the days, I have to carry a gaming portable, music player, laptop, digital camera and a cellphone, now its All in One go.

OK here are the list of why its necessity not a luxury, mostly its the Apps that matters that makes it above a regular cellphone aside from the features it sports. Apps can be easily installed by just touch of the pad in the Application market mostly for free as long as you have an internet connection, no need to connect it on a computer like an old cellphone does.


Droid Money by William Bruno
Ministocks by Nitesh Patel

Stock Market Widget Apps; I am always updated with the world wide stock index in the main screen, I must know whether the world market is collapsing or booming so I can decide my strategies, When the world wide market panics, Its instant fast cash for me. You can put other commodities if that is your style.

Expense/Income Apps; Monitoring your expenses and income is a must, you can easily make sure you are not spending beyond your means, how much you are earning in a month and analyzing what are those things that eats your monthly budget whether its important or not and what to do about it.

Notes Widget Apps; Its always displayed in the main screen, so I won't forget anything that I needed to do, If you are Juan Tamad, you tend to forget lots of things.

Motivational Quotes by Mike AF

Motivational Quotes Apps; Most of the times you are lazy and out of focus, you need some motivation to keep you moving and aim for your goals, ok, example.. let's see; "Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers" well said, this keeps me motivated to look for more opportunities instead of lining up in a Lotto outlet.

Happiness Quotes Apps; Having Social Anxiety Disorder, I am battled with depression all the time, and what things to keep you going and reminding you things is to be Happy, let's see; "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill -by Johnny Carson" Bwahahaha!, that was good... ok back to work.



Traffic Update; Being a passive income earner, most of the time there is really nothing to do but sometimes there is this things you need to finish out every month like you need to move from places to places, get some cash, move it here, pay there, check this one out and traffic is gonna get you, what better way is check the traffic update and plan ahead on which route you could go, a passive income earner like me dislikes being in the lemmings crowd, I tend to move on the opposite like a black sheep or something.

Web Browser; Yes a quick research check from the internet is important when checking a product or location, specs, requirements, cost, reviews, availability etc. etc., even if you are lost, you can just check on the maps, or just sitting around wasting time. And if the need arises, you can use it if you need to sell or buy stocks while you are in the middle of nowhere.

Quality Camera; Smartphones has good picture quality, mine even has Flash, and you can edit them with apps and probably use them on Facebook or your blogs, Its decent enough for you to forget your digital camera and since you carry it all the time, you can get snapshots anytime and no longer say "Too bad I forgot to bring the Camera", I also use the camera to snapshot lets say a direction or address or get a copy of a receipt, contracts and so on, its faster and easier than typing it in. It makes the word "Photocopy" what it really means to be.

Comprehensive Music Player; Regular cellphones has them also, but they don't have detailed playlist, equalizers and effects, search music or something and organizing features. I use music as a form of relaxation, especially during depressing days or stressful ones like an investment gone wrong or something. Its good to have a music player available to you when you just need to be distracted at that point of time or have something to pass time while travelling long distances, stuck in traffic or if you have to wait for someone especially if she's late.

SMS and Call blocker; Well it says it all, it blocks SMS and Calls from annoying people you don't know and offering you stuff. Being in the business, you always give your number to companies, I'm not saying its a bad thing, but this is my personal number.. don't call me I'll call you.

Offline Dictionary, Bible and More; You can have a handy dictionary so if you need to know what terms or meanings that pops out, example is you are reading a contract, before you sign it, make sure you understand some terms on it like "tenure" "liable" "comprehensive" etc. don't lie to yourself acting you know what it really means, if you don't understand some words, there is nothing wrong consulting your dictionary. And of course the Bible, its personal for me when things just don't go the way it is and everything is going crazy, you can read some verses to inspire you up and make sure you are doing the right thing. There is more you can do like; you can even get a cook book if you are a cook and so on just an example on what you can do with this smartphone, just make sure you get the offline versions, some apps will require internet connection, here in the Philippines, a 24/7 internet connection through mobile is still expensive about P1,000/month, for me its not that expensive but my issue is the signal strength and connecting to the internet all the time will just drain my batteries so I still prefer affordable prepaid on-demand connections like P50 unlimited for one day or P20/3hours, some network providers measure MB data per transmission instead of time.

Text Editor; When I started blogging, I need something to write my idea when I'm out doing something that I might forget later on, so a handy text editor will do the job.

Entertainment; If you are bored, you can just play games, or if free Wifi is available, you can go watching videos online or checking your Facebook or whatever. Though it will drain your battery faster so I rarely use them, I'd go for the music player because it eats less batteries.



Juan Tamad Sayings:

Being an investor, you have to be disciplined, I try to avoid being impulsive, a sudden rush of emotion can dictate your mistake in investing and in every aspect of life whether its a relationships or purchasing something. You have to think first, research and evaluate before going in... but to much deep in details might hold you back, at least an overview is just enough.

Tools of today makes life easier, back in the days, if you want to buy stocks you have to use a telephone, now you just click or touch using devices, You must be either ahead of your time or you must be able to adapt on the current trends in our time like a child.




Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
LG brand and trademark is owned by LG Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment