Friday, August 23, 2013

Finally upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S3.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung Galaxy S3 the best music player smartphone and for business of course


Finally, I upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S3 after earning a little in the stock market, a little spoil for me and to make myself feel better after a personal problem with the girlfriend.

Galaxy S3 is not new especially since the Galaxy S4 is in the market already as the top of the line phone, but for me its the perfect time to get it since its now cheaper and its specs makes it still a powerful phone, its still the second best, they would have also fixed any bugs on it being in the market for some time now. I got myself a Titanium gray, the color looks nice and gives it a gun metal surface.

I did not use a wallet case because it will hide the beauty of this phone so instead I used a plastic back casing so its value won't degrade much due to scratches and the plastic casing is easier to replace when it gets old looking than replacing the phone itself so you will get that brand new flawless feeling like a perfect victory in Street Fighter or I think is a disorder or something. Going back to topic I got myself a transparent one so it will still show that nice Samsung logo and that metallic look of the phone. Probably remove all the protection after a year so I will get that new look feel before replacing it later on since I replace my phones every 1 and a half to 2 years old and of course always purchase the second to the top of the line phones.



What made me decide to purchase this phone model I-9300 than other brand and model is because of its Wolfson audio chip, the other model of Galaxy S3 is I-9305 which is LTE-4G capable but do not have the Wolfson audio chip, I don't need LTE as of yet for faster internet connection since I rarely use my phone for mobile network internet connection except for important purposes, I mostly connect through home and free public WiFi. In fact I put my network configuration to GSM-2G only for regular calls and SMS to preserve battery life, its enough for that purpose alone.

Going back to the audio chip, Wolfson is one of the best audio semiconductor company thus this phone has a very good sound quality even with the stock earphone, you can feel the boom of the bass and the treble very clearly. Its a good music player to make me feel better during this gloomy days or down days of business and investments. I'll get myself a quality expensive earphone once the stock one gets old. Aside from that Notification Led I love, being notified As soon as possible for a message from girlfri....business is a must have.

The only downside that I realize with the phone after I purchase it is its size. Yes I know the bigger screen the better but in my opinion the best compact size without sacrificing screen size is a 4.0 inch phone like my old one (LG P970). My new Galaxy S3 has a 4.8 screen size, its good and easy to read but when you are wearing a jeans and you put it in your pocket and you sat down like I always do, you can immediately feel it obstructing, well I can force it but I might broke it. So I always put it in my pocket bag instead, which I rarely feel its vibration if in case someone sent me a message. Aside from that, I have no regret getting it, I still can't move on staring at it because it looks so good, the Galaxy S3 that is.

I still installed the same apps from my old phone anyway, the layout is the same. Battery life is 2x better than the old one. This is now my new sidekick for my every day casual, investing and business living.


*update Sep 5, 2013 My Galaxy S3 is gone!

So who is the culprit? the Girlfriend, seems like she got envious because mine looks bigger than her S3mini. Well its OK, my effort and hard work are for my loved ones anyway, so we swap phone, the problem is, she got the LeFleur limited edition S3mini, so when I got the S3mini, there is no way I am going to use that because of its flowery design, Its a phone customized for the ladies so I swap it on Greenhills shopping center for a phone I could use, and I think I got the short stick when they offered swap it for a Nexus S I-9020, that Nexus S has similar specification to my previous old phone and I only knew that when I went home and done my research.

Kinda disappointed and regrets.. regrets, until... I found out that the Nexus S is also carrying the Wolfson audio chip to my surprise, disappointment turns into excitement!, aside from that it has a curve phone look and feel instead of the flat tablet or phablet of my old phone and the S3, Its comfortable to hold and placed in the jeans pocket. Being a 4.0 inch phone, its compact enough but do not sacrifice screen size. Aside from that the Galaxy S3 is too good for me, I don't like phones that I take too much precautions like it is a fragile glass, I like phones that you could just slip into your pocket and don't care. For the girls, they like those big phablets(phone+tablet), because they put them on their bags not on their pockets like I usually do. Its also an old phone the Nexus S so I can tweak it or toy with it installing custom ROMs for notification led to work since it doesn't have one, and getting Voodoo audio software to work with the Wolfson audio chip is a winner! I still use the stock Galaxy S3 headset and the music is superb!, I never did that with the Galaxy S3 as it was still covered with warranty and the default software is great for everyday use, no need for customization.


Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a South Korean multinational electronics company headquartered in Suwon, South Korea

Wolfson Microelectronics plc is a multinational microelectronics and fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment